Sunday, October 28, 2012

I am so happy to be back on my blog after 9 months of a GRUELING pregnancy. My morning sickness lasted 21 weeks, and then when that was over my immune system pretty much shut down causing sickness, after sickness, after sickness. I was in bed and felt like I was dying pretty much the whole time. I literally thought my baby was going to come out with 4 heads or something because it was so incredibly hard. The plan had been to stick to my 6 small meals a day and work out my entire pregnancy...but that DID NOT HAPPEN. Yeah, not even a little bit. It was fast food, milk shakes, bed rest and medication. I don't think I cooked a single meal during my pregnancy. It was an exciting night at the Wetzler home when I would pop a frozen casserole into the oven and then retreat back to my cell. Baby George was born October 19 and was absolutely perfect. I was so scared of what he might look like that when I saw him I didn't recognize him! I was surprised to see that he looked just like his big brother Carter did when he was born. I was so thankful to God for giving me such a beautiful and healthy little boy. I won't go into how my epidural didn't take...that would just be too much complaining for my style. After George was born I got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. That was the fabulous thing about the epidural not working...I was mobile immediately after the birth. I loved it. When I returned to bed, a little light headed, the nurse asked what I wanted for lunch. She said I could have whatever I wanted. I gave her a blank stare because I was thinking. I was thinking about my first food decision post baby. I didn't have any more excuses. It was meal one of my journey and I wanted it to begin as soon as possible. I was tired of eating crap. I wanted to get this party started immediately. She saw I was a little shy and began listing off my choices. “You can have a cheeseburger and fries.......what about a pizza? Do you want some ice cream or a milk shake? What are you craving?” I smiled and said, “Actually I would love a big salad with lots of raw veggies, some grilled chicken on top and some ranch dressing with a bottled water. Can they make me that?” She laughed and said, “You go girl.” Moments later my hospital room phone rang and it was the kitchen. I literally had to repeat this, what I thought to be a simple request, about 6 times before they believed that I really did want this as my first meal post baby. When my food arrived, I saw that they just couldn't help themselves...They added two buttered rolls, apple pie, and 2% milk. I only ate the salad. Three days later I was welcomed home to a house full of treats! A box of assorted giant size muffins tormented me as I opened the box and starred down at them. Just one bite. Just one muffin! I deserve it! I just gave birth! I am breastfeeding and George he NEEDS me to eat this! I took a deep breath and calmly asked myself, how are you going to feel AFTER you finish the damn muffin? If I had chosen the muffin, I would made bad choices the rest of the day and I knew that about myself. I knew that if I made the strong choice, that I would stay on track and conquer the goal that was so important to me! I want to be healthy, happy, and strong for my boys and for myself! I walked away and made a small plate of hummus, cheese, mixed nuts and fruit. I felt energized and strong and KNEW I had made the right choice. Since then I have continued making the right choice. I have lost 12 pounds since returning home from the hospital. In 10 days I have lost 2 sizes. I am back in my old clothes and feeling so strong! I get to begin my exercise in 4 days and I already have my plan. I will be sharing my weight, food logs, weaknesses, struggles, accomplishments, ect with you day by day.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO PROUD OF YOU! you are SO RIGHT to remember that you deserve all that amazing high quality healthy stuff! And Baby George does too! You are going to make great milk for him! Put good in get good out! Keep it up!

    Try emeals.com meal planning service to help you with the "oh lawd I need to take two babies to the grocery store" transition. We use the paleo plan. HUGE help!

    ReplyDelete